About Dr. Danilychev
Dr. Maria Danilychev, MD is an experienced physician in hospice and palliative medicine, geriatrics, internal medicine, integrative and complementary medicine and clinical research.
Dr. Danilychev provides medical directorship services, medical consulting, situation analysis, medical oversight in holistic wellness and wellness industry start-ups.
- ABIM - Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- HMDCB - Hospice Medical Director
- NBPAS - Internal Medicine
- NBPAS - Geriatric Medicine
- NBPAS - Hospice & Palliative Medicine
- CA State Physician License
Training and Education
- 2016 Complementary and Alternative Medicine training (Jikiden Reiki), Jikiden Reiki Institute, Kyoto, Japan
- 2006 Clinical/Research fellowship training (Hospice & Palliative Medicine), San Diego Hospice & Palliative Care, San Diego, CA
- 2005 Clinical fellowship training (Hospice & Palliative Medicine), San Diego Hospice & Palliative Care, San Diego, CA
- 2004 Fellowship training (Geriatric Medicine), UCLA, Los Angeles, CA
- 2003 Residency training (Internal Medicine), NYU Downtown Hospital, New York, NY
- 2000 M.D. (Doctor of Medicine), Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
- 1996 B.S. (Biological Sciences), University of California, Irvine, Irvine, CA
- 2020 - Present Clinical research physician/Investigator - ACRC, San Diego, CA
- 2015 - Present Clinical research physician/Sub-Investigator - Precision Research Institute, San Diego, CA
- 2012 - Present Self-employed at Dr. Maria Danilychev, M.D.
- 2011 - Present Associate Medical Director - LightBridge Hospice, San Diego, CA
- 2011 - Present Clinical research physician/Sub-Investigator - TriWest Research Associates, El Cajon, CA
- 2017 - 2018 Startup consultant and medical director - Allura Health Software Solutions, San Diego, CA
- 2015 - 2017 Founder and moderator - 'Letting Go' Support Group, San Diego, CA
- 2011 - 2013 Palliative Medicine physician - LightBridge Medical Associates, San Diego, CA
- 2008 - 2010 Clinical research physician/Sub-Investigator - Profil Institute for Clinical Research, Chula Vista, CA
- 2007 - 2013 Palliative Medicine physician - San Diego Hospice and The Institute for Palliative Medicine, San Diego, CA
- 2007 - 2007 Personal Visiting Physician - Care Level Management, Orange County, CA
- 2005 - 2007 Medical Director of Long-Term Care team - San Diego Hospice & Palliative Care, San Diego, CA
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine (Shin Shin Kaizen Usui Reiki Ryoho/Jikiden Reiki) - San Diego Reiki, San Diego, CA
- Clinical staff training (Hospice/Palliative Medicine) - LightBridge Hospice, San Diego, CA
- Staff, student, resident, fellow, international visiting physician training - San Diego Hospice & Palliative Care, San Diego, CA
- Visiting Lecturer (Physician and clinical staff training in Hospice & Palliative Medicine) and Visiting Palliative Care Policy Assistant Advisor to the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Georgia, Tbilisi, Republic of Georgia
- Clinical staff, medical student and resident physician training (Geriatrics) - University of California, Los Angeles, CA
- Clinical trial design; protocol design and implementation
- Clinical trial Investigator - hundreds of clinical trials in areas of internal medicine, palliative medicine, rheumatology, dermatology, for indication such as pain, diabetes, hypertension, constipation, edema, rheumatoid arthritis, SLE, osteoarthritis, gout, gastroparesis, IBS, and others
- Research areas of interest: pain and symptom management, terminal delirium, complementary and alternative medicine
- Author of Coronavirus blog and website for individuals and healthcare professionals www.drdanilychev.com/coronavirus
- Author of the "Last hours of living" in Textbook of Palliative Medicine “Palliative Care: Core Skills and Competencies”, Ed. by Emanuel. 2007, 2011.
- Bharadwaj P, Danilychev M. Central Post-Stroke Syndrome Treated with Parenteral Lidocaine. Journal of Pain and Symptom Management. 2006: Nov; 32(5):400-1.
- Danilychev M, Bharadwaj P. Severe facial pain in a patient with history of metastatic ovarian cancer. J Palliat Med. 2005 Feb;8(1):209-10.
- Georgia National Palliative Care Programm. Participated in the data collection and integration for WHO report by Jan Stjernsward. Jan: Ind.J.PallCare, 2005, December 2005, 11,2:52-58, and June 2005.
- Danilychev M, Bharadwaj P. Stevens-Johnson syndrome secondary to phenytoin in a patient with whole brain radiation therapy for metastatic disease. J Palliat Med. 2005 Feb;8(1):2010-11.
- Bharadwaj P, Danilychev M. Central post stroke syndrome treated with parenteral lidocaine. J Palliat Med. 2005 Feb;8(1):217-8.
- Award for providing outstanding care to World Trade Center victims on 9/11
- AAHPM young investigator award
- AMA physician recognition award
- English - native proficiency
- Russian - native proficiency
- Italian - fluent proficiency
- Spanish - basic proficiency
- Japanese - elementary proficiency
- Languages and cultures
- Education and learning
- Music and performing arts
Compassion in action